Our Volkswagen Sound System Upgrade consists of Front Speakers & Rear Speakers together with sound proofing, a High Powered Amplifier & a boxed Subwoofer.
Front & Rear Speaker Upgrade
We upgrade the factory Volkswagen speakers. This consists of a woofer, tweeter and a separate crossover. The crossover separates the frequencies produced by sound into high frequency and middle frequency. The tweeter produces the higher frequencies and it is best suited either high up on the door or around the dash area. The woofer should be placed lower down in the door area. These are installed in the factory locations so nothing is on show.
- Power RMS / max. 80 / 160 Watts
- Frequency response 40 Hz - 25,000 Hz
- Impedance 4 Ω
- Efficiency 1 W / 1 m 90 dB
- Crossover Separate, 6 dB / 12 dB slope with band stop filter
This will increase power and also allow you to tune your speakers to your own specification. An amp will also add depth to the sound and give you more control over what you are listening to. The amplifier is quite small and hidden away so you can’t see it at all.
- Output power RMS / max.
- @ 4 Ohms 4 x 35 / 70 Watts (Font/Rear channels)
- @ 2 Ohms 4 x 50 / 100 Watts (Font/Rear channels)
- @ 1 Ohm -
- bridged @ 4 Ohms -
- bridged @ 2 Ohms -
- Subwoofer output @ 4 Ohms -
- Subwoofer output @ 2 Ohms 1 x 160 / 320 Watts (4 channels each 40 / 80 Watts)
- Amplifier technology Class AB
- Inputs 4 x High level speaker input
- 1x MEC
- 1 x Remote In
- Input sensitivity High level 5 - 11 Volts
- Input impedance RCA / Cinch -
- Input impedance high level 13 Ohms
If you want greater sound quality a subwoofer and amplifier will do the trick as you’re installing something that isn’t currently in the vehicle. This means that the high and mid frequencies are coming from your front speakers and the low frequencies (bass) come from behind (bass is non directional). As a general rule, the larger the subwoofer the deeper the bass it will produce. Don’t worry if you are thinking this will give you ‘boomy bass’ and people will hear you coming. Adding a subwoofer into a vehicle is like adding a subwoofer to a home cinema system, it gives definition to the sound by adding in the really low frequencies that speakers can’t play. Subwoofers can be small and fitted quite discrete so they take up little room in the boot.
- Compact enclosure
- Optimized for MATCH Plug & Play amplifiers
- One 8“ / 20 cm long excursion woofer with hand scooped paper cone and quad voice-coil
- Double ventilated voice-coil for minimum compression effects
- High-temperature resistant voice coil with large winding height
- Easiest connection via special subwoofer cable
- Solid metal grilles for perfect protection of the woofers cones